Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Africa

                                           Nick Brandt 



Nick Brandt photographs on medium-format black and white film without telephoto or zoom lenses, does not use telephoto lenses. He takes these photos because he's interested in showing the animals simply in the state of Being. Im gearing he hopes to open people's eyes and make them realize what beautiful creatures these animals are and how ere the reason they are in danger of becoming extinct. 
Nick Brandt said: 
"I'm not interested in creating work that is simply documentary or filled with action and drama, which has been the norm in the photography of animals in the wild. What I am interested in is showing the animals simply in the state of Being. In the state of Being before they are no longer are. Before, in the wild at least, they cease to exist. This world is under terrible threat, all of it caused by us. To me, every creature, human or nonhuman, has an equal right to live, and this feeling, this belief that every animal and I are equal, affects me every time I frame an animal in my camera. The photos are my elegy to these beautiful creatures, to this wrenchingly beautiful world that is steadily, tragically vanishing before our eyes."


this was one of m favorite pictures of Nick Brandt, it is a good example of simplicity. i especially like this picture because it reminds me of my kittens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment